Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let Me In

Err, no. You may not come in.

My first movie of 2011 is noneother than Let Me In, the remake of 2008's Sweedish film - similarly titled - Let the Right One In (what's with Hollywood and their Sweedish film remakes?). The movies are based on a book also titled Let the Right One in by John Adjvide Lindqvist (for the life of me, I can't figure out how to pronounce that name). Was it good? Why yes, yes it was.

I'm not sure if many people here - my friends in particular - will enjoy this movie as much as I did. They may be expecting some sort of action-packed vampire thriller filled with gore and blood. And even though Let Me In does showcase some gore, it really is not what you'd expect from these type of stories. This movie is a movie about friendship. That is all. It's poignant and hauntingly beautiful. It really leaves you thinking. And that is what great movies are made up of.

I must point out that Abby moves like Splice when she goes for the kill. Why am I pointing this out? Because it's freaky as hell. Splice is the freakiest sh*t I've ever laid my eyes on. But anyway, do watch Let Me In but please do so with the right frame of mind. It's not a movie filled with cheap action scenes, over-the-top dialogues or irrational twits and turns.

This movie is close to perfection.

Bytheby, please tune in to 105.8, the best slow hits station tomorrow at 1 - 4. I'll be on air. For those not in Indonesia, you can stream it on www.litefmjakarta.com.

Love you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment