Monday, February 21, 2011

The Other Side of Christian Bale

Ooo, the Fighter was so good!

After watching The Green Hornet and No Strings Attached, I vowed to myself that I will never ever spend money on stupid movies again. Seriously. Well, okay I'll cut some slack on No Strings Attached (that Ashton Kutcher line at the end sort of made it not-so-bad in my books), but The Green Hornet ... seriously? That movie was complete rubbish. I've been watching really terrible movies lately (the Fockers? URGH), and so yes, I've sworn to myself (not that it'll do any good, now that Hollywood movies are not being distributed here anymore; revolt people, REVOLT!). Anywho, after those last two terrible movies, I went to watch The Fighter. Thus, I've made good on my vow. That movie was excellent!

I don't know exactly when I started being a Christian Bale fan; it could have just been from the Batman movies (on a side note, how excited are we for the new Batman movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Marion Cotillard?), and he just continues to blow me away, especially with The Fighter now under his belt. Amy Adams impressed me very much too in this movie; such a turn around from her character in Enchanted. The storyline was compelling, not really anything new, but with this wonderful cast and their amazing acting chops, this movie really became something special. If you have not seen it, go see it now like stat. Especially now that we are soon to be deprived of Hollywood movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment