Saturday, August 28, 2010

Book Hunting

I deem it a success!

Woah. Hectic days. One minute you've got completely nothing to do and then all of a sudden, you don't have enough time to do everything you need to do! That pretty much sums up my last couple of days. I won't bore you all with the details; suffice it to say I made time for book-hunting, and I came home laden with everything I had wanted to read (almost, but extremely good enough).

Yes, your eyes ain't playin tricks on ya. That is my foot. So as you can see, I got my I Am Number Four, The Gargoyle, Graceling, Wicked Lovely and Banewreaker. I found I Am Number Four in a different bookstore (Periplus! So lovely Jakartanians, if you want I Am Number 4, go to Periplus and not Kinokuniya). The other 4 I got in Kinokuniya. And Mockingjay has been dispatched by Bookdepository, hopefully it will be in my hands very shortly. I found out that Mockingjay is in fact available starting today (or was it yesterday?) in Kinokuniya. I was bummed out when I was informed this, because I could have gotten it now and could have already started reading it. However, I'm sure I got it much cheaper from Bookdepository, (only 60k!), and in the cover that I want (the U.K version). So as long as it'll be here sometime next week, I have no big reason to regret.

Now, faced with many choices (when before I had none), I had a hard time deciding which one to read first. I even held off the temptation to read for a day, trying to decide which one should be first! In the end, I still couldn't decide so I had asked my mum, my sister and my brother to decide for me. Based on cover alone, my sister said Graceling whilst my mum and my brother chose something else. Can you guess which one? After the click, find out which one it is I've started reading.




I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore it is! So far the story is okay. Too many blonde characters for my taste; so far only one brunette. Maybe 2. But the premise is good, and I have high hopes for it. Keep checking my blog for the full review. I should be able to finish it in the next couple of days. I need to make time for Mockingjay after all. The others I might read on the plane (holiday soon, amigos!).

Have a great day everyone! I know I did :)

xoxo

Oh, hello Donna and Kate! Thanks for following! Feel free to comment on everything you see here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment