Monday, May 10, 2010

CC Library: The Millenium Trilogy

Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist

I know I have been practically M.I.A for like, forever. Rest assured I have not been resting on my laurels! I've actually gotten a lot of reading done. The one that I want to feature on my blog is the Millenium Trilogy by the late Stieg Larsson. It consists of three separate novels; The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

I loved all three of them! They were all consistently good. If I had to choose my favourite out of three, I wouldn't be able to pick one. Each of them is special in their own way. I normally don't like books that touch on politics, but these three are an exception. I've got my hands on the Swedish movie of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo but I haven't had the chance to watch it. All three books have been made into movies and I heard that they were quite satisfactory. I've also recently heard that Hollywood will be re-making them. I don't mind, as long as they get the casting right. Please, not Brad Pitt for Blomkvist! And not Kristen Stewart or Anne Hathaway for Salander! I vote for Carey Mulligan, please!

Anyway, if you have the chance to read them, I think you should. They really were page-turners. I slept at like 5 am everyday reading them (during examination week too!). For my first foray into Crime fiction, I must say I'm impressed. You would be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment