Friday, January 1, 2010

CC BOX OFFICE: An Education

I suppose you think I'm a ruined woman

I have seen An Education on many of people's top 2009 lists and ever since I've seen the trailer, I've been dying to watch it. And a few days ago, I did just that, with my little sister. And we both totally loved it. Two thumbs up for An Education!

This movie is just the kind of picture I like. It made me laugh, made me think ... it really is something. Not only is the story compelling, it is also set in a pre-The Beatles London, after the war... and the scenery, the clothes, the music, they are all so very lovely. Acclaimed writer, Nick Hornby, wrote the screenplay for the movie and now I'm interested to purchase several of his books. If An Education is any indication of how his stories are, I am sure that I will love his them. For those of you interested, after the click, check out the movie trailer.






I don't know if you know this, but this movie stars Carey Mulligan (reminds me a lot of Amber Tamblyn in this movie), and I just recently found out that she's dating Shia LaBeouf. Haha. Just a random fact I thought some of you would be interested to know. They've been dating since August 2009 and will be starring in a movie together. I forgot what it's called, but I believe it is a remake. Anywho, go watch An Education. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment